3.21.2007

So far...

So far I got the fedora directory server up and running...after several guess and check processes for which java to use.

To spare the details...I ended up using j2re 1.4.2.13...1.5 and 1.6 didn't work...but the old one plugged right into place...even after fds was already installed and set up. What they don't tell you in the instructions that I used is that you have to create a user and group beforehand that you want to run the service as. They default to nobody:nobody...which is fine if you want the standard setup.

After that, I am now working on getting it to connect to the active directory server through ssl. I haven't started that yet though because of my other duties as a IT Mushroom (we are mushrooms, as the msft dude here put it, because we are kept in the dark and fed shiz). I will begin the ssl/fds/ad journey tomorrow.

In the meantime...I have been paying attention to what I am doing and am considering setting up an fds at the house just to do it. And so I can get better at understanding the program. Then I'll see if wizard wants to set one up and we can sync it over the internet to see if we can do it.

Updates are almost done...so I'm out again.

No comments: