3.21.2007

Maybe I'll write a journal after all...

I font really see any harm in writing a journal entry about my day. I was originally opposed because I've been doing this jornal thing for years now and am kinda burnt out on it.

But seeing as how I have this time on my hands, and a phone with mobile internets and a full slide-out keyboard on it...why not, right?

Yesterday was fairly uneventful...I finished up trying to fix the admissions department's daylight savings time issue on their public calendars. But apparently from what I've read, the public calendars have to be edited manually if their time is wrong. I also learned that turning on auto updates after installing xpsp2 doesn't guarantee that you are going to get the updates automatically from that point on...you have to manually visit the update site and install the first Windows Genuine Advantage update before you receive auto updates. But I dkid get to spend a lot of time with the people in admissions and try to make a new friend...Melissa.

Later in the day, I took on the challenge of propelling our company beyond its current stagnation...and interviewed some of the key players in the LDAP migration project. And then fooled around with RedHat and Fedora Directory Server before wiping a box to start a fresh install and try to build it myself. I didn't size the folder mounts right, and had to learn about "lvextend" and "ext2online" this morning so I could resize the mounted folders on the fly amd run updates on the box before installing java and fds.

That's where I am...time to get back to work...

No comments: