3.22.2007

"make install, make clean, repeat"

I have successfully installed, configured, imported, and crashed Fedora Directory Server 3 times today...and each time it has gotten easier and easier to set back up and configure...so much so that I don't even need instructions any more.

I eventually got the ssl cert situation taken cre of on the linux box this morning...and now I come to find out that I have to have the same tools on the windows box to import the exported .p12 file ti pass sync. So I have spent the afternoon installing the various ports of the linux commands on this Win 2k3 box so I can carry on with what I am doing.

This is probably more time consuming than my laptop fiasco because I have to do all this stuff while the Windows server is live...so I read about it before I do any of it...and I can't tell if it's even working. But everytime I kill he process it appears to stop a little further than before...so I am going to let it run until it finishes or the end of the afternoon...which ever comes first.

Laterz.

No comments: