1.13.2009

One song away from an ass whoopin'

It's 9:30 pm...I've watched the News, the Simpsons, Two & a Half Men, 2-hr American Idol, and another 30 minutes of News tonight. After that, I decided I wanted to play some Rock Band, and spend the next 15 minutes looking for my headphone adapter to the surround sound, because Faggot McFaggotass (that's the name I'm giving him) downstairs seems to have a problem with the soundtrack to Rock Band when it's above the quiet volume level of 45 on my system (max is 70, below 35, no matter how quiet the room is, you can't hear it...normal operating level at my old apartment is 55-60).

It's 9:45...I get the drums connected, headphones plugged in, all my windows are shut. I got on to Sarge one night for beating hard on my drumpads because it doesn't take much for the game to register a hit - so obviously I don't beat them hard myself.

I play one song...and I feel pounding on my floor beneath my feet - the cat jumps. I pause the game, realize that there is no sound eminating from my apartment, and continue. I move on to the next song, and I feel the pounding on my floor again. Now I'm pissed.

I pause the game, yell out "Cut it out, bitch!" and continue. Because I'm a nice guy at heart, I tap the drumpads ever so lightly causing my accuracy to barely make it out of the song without failing.

The guy below me is one song away from a Neo-lashing....seriously. I don't play the game past 10pm. Obviously it's not the sound - so I can't be ticketed for amplification of sound to disturb his residence. Obviously he's sensitive to the tap of the drumpads. But if that's the case, then he had no reason to beat my floor the very first time I played the game with just my guitar...in the middle of the day.

Next time, I'm completely ignoring his beatings, and going to make him come up to my apartment...this is ridiculous. I don't beat on all the walls around me to get the sound of a hair dryer to stop in the morning, because I don't know who's making it, and don't want to hear it. I don't beat on my ceiling when the person above me runs through the apartment, and knocks things off their table.

Maybe I'll just jump up and down, and throw myself on the ground when he beats on the floor, so he'll see what a REAL banging on the ceiling is like, and quit being a bitch about Rock Band. I believe that I am within legal limitations on this issue, and he can eat my nuts.

No comments: