7.24.2007

Do you have to let it Linger?

So, tonight was the night...after it was moved from Monday. It was the night I would find out where things stood, through a series of If-then-else plans. (Hey, I'm a programmer, that's how I think).

I told my friends after I broke up with my last ex that it is apparent that in order for me to be happy with the person I am supposed to be with, they are going to have to be just like me, but my opposite. No one could understand that concept...and I wasn't sure how I would find someone to match it either...that'd be like two people crammed into one.

Another thing... in the movie Click, that I saw for the first time a couple months ago...Adam Sandler and Kate B.'s characters had a date at a bar or restaurant. The song playing during their first date was Linger by the Cranberries. I thought that was a great song to have as "their song" and told myself and friends: "The girl I am going to marry...she's going to be the one that, on our first date, the song playing in the background will be Linger by the Cranberries."

Now, we went to dinner at PF Chang's (which is great by the way), and got to talking after we finished eating. While we were talking, it came up, and became apparent that there is a massive parallel in our lives...she is just like mandaloo...I am as close to a representation of wizard as she is mandaloo...and her best friend mimic's mandaloo's (former) best friend.....entirely. I described mandy's friend, and her jaw dropped..."dude, that's just like my friend" (of course I'm leaving out names here).

While we were talking...I heard in the background "....you know I'm such a foool for youuuu....you got me wrapped around your fiiiiIIIiiinnnger...." and I stop the conversation, and say "Linger!" and point to the ceiling so that she would get this in her mind as an important moment in the night.

Shortly after that, the waitress brings us our fortune cookies....she eats her's, and sets the fortune aside, without sharing. I eat mine a few seconds after, and it reads "The love of your life is closer than you think." I give it a cock-eyed look, a smirk, and then show it to her... "dude! I got the same one too!" How the HELL does that happen, if not by fate?

How do you get someone who is just like you, AND your opposite in one person...
On a date, where you hear "Linger" by the Cranberries...
and get the same exact fortune?

I could not have had that many things come together in one night if I had TRIED.

After dinner, we went around downtown and took pictures. I'll get them developed. Chances are, they're going to be entirely black rolls, with one white picture - we're not real sure if we got the film in there right. But I did have my digital camera, and there is a record of the night regardless...but my pictures suck to the potential good ones on the real camera.

The rundown:
- I brought her pink flowers, 2 different sets that I rearranged myself, and a blue vase to put them in.
-We went to Sundance Square and ate at PF Chang's
-Then we went around Sundance taking pictures on 2 of 4 rolls of film.

The night was perfect. The only thing that I missed was getting her heart.

No comments: