12.27.2008

Porch Monkey

I decided this morning, after having the windows open continually for the past two days, that I'd spend the morning on the porch, with my laptop, and some coffee. I'm enjoying the 73 degree weather, with the morning freshness.

But I'm also waiting on the rain.

I've got some mint chocolate candies in my coffee, and a pile of pine wood next to me for the new Chiminea my parents bought me (after asking for two years), and some rocking chairs I got from my brother.

It's interesting how much more willing I am to sit on the patio now that I don't live in the ghetto - I don't have to stare at wannabe gang posses wandering the streets and breaking out the windows in the laundry room...or listen to the loud thump of car bass systems as they slow down for the speed bump in front of my apartment...or feel cutoff from what's going on inside since I didn't have a screen door for the patio.

But all that has changed - I have a view of a side walk, where one of my neighbors brings her dogs out, and random people walk by - unaffiliated with a gang...I only hear the sound of the wind, or my tv inside...and I have a screen door so Winston can enjoy the breeze too.

It's supposed to get down to 35 degrees tonight, and I'll probably spend some time out here with the Chiminea...unless it's too cold, and then I'll probably just work on some other things I need to finish, like shampooing the bedroom carpet, or setting up a server.

We'll see...right now, I'm watching the cold front move over the Airport. Should be here within the next hour or two.

No comments: