5.08.2006

What to do...

So it's like 1:17, and I'm wide awake right now...I just cleaned up all the clean clothes that have been scattered across my room since I moved in back in October - I've just need the time and boredom to do it. Not having to worry about getting up in 5 hours to start getting ready for work, and not having to worry about doing laundry earlier tonight so that I'd have something to wear, and that it'd be done on time for me to go to bed, has really helped with cleaning up this weekend.

It's been a long three-day weekend, and this is the kind of weekend that I have been missing for the past year and a half. The kind where you don't have anything to do when the weekend is over, so you can actually take some time to yourself and relax all through Sunday.

I've been keeping a careful eye on my bank account, and am noticing that when my bills are paid from my current check that I'll be empty, and when I get my next check from the waived 2-week notice from work, that I'll have enough to last to the end of the month. And that's about as far as I have covered. So I have to hopefully get a job by the end of this current pay period so that I can have money for bills that start rolling in on the 1st of June.

I can't believe that June is almost here...wtf...it's only 35 days until I turn 23. 39 days until the lan party. And about 75 or so days until the bbq. This summer is going to go by fast, and this year has already zipped by without slowing down for people to enjoy it.

I think I'm going to try to sleep in my bed tonight - I've got a headache from the fans and coughing and something...it's probably because I haven't left the pizzy much at all this weekend, but that's nothing normal. What I really need is one of the Ionic Breeze fans so that I can start cleaning the air that's circulating around in here. I'd open the windows, but the heat has been a bit much lately, and I tend to lose the moisture in the air from my humidifiers.

I haven't reinstalled Trillian or MSN Messenger on my computer yet - and I'm debating as to whether or not I wish to return to that part of the internet. The only people that I talk to on a normal basis are those that are also able to reach me via Gtalk...Everyone else on the internet does not hold common converstation enough with me to justify my continuous presence on the internet with that service. These past couple days I've been testing the methods of weening my friends off to emailing me, because I had a lot of work to get done at work, and occassionally the conversations were nothing more than random banter that was unproductive in and of itself. (unlike a couple months ago when wizard and I would IM and be discussing tsnlocal and other networking projects). But now, I don't have much need for being online in the Big 4 IM services. I'll think about it some more. The program is not lost - it's on my backup hard drive, I just don't feel like messing with it...and don't feel the need to chat with anyone on it that I can't get on Gtalk.

Tomorrow, I start my application adventures...and I'm hoping that this will be a productive effort. It occurred to me yesterday that this could be the worst time to be looking for a job, since graduation from college occurs this weekend and next...and everyone with legit credentials will be out searching for a job as well. So my plan is this - if I don't score a job in a corporate environment by the 15th, I hit up the fast food or restaurant joints, and get some cash flow going. And then while all that is going on, I'll continue looking for a better job.

I could always go back to Six Flags, and work there - losing weight and stuff...which is tempting, but that place is for kids and junk...I'm not into working in the heat either.

I guess I'll go try to sleep now...I'm not sleepy though. I might either read a book, or work on learning more AJAX.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Good luck with making the job decision. Personally, I think you should get paid to sit and tan that hammock that's outside your apartment.

I know what you mean about IM'ing. They're an addiction :P

[[Neo[[ said...

Thanks.

I spent most of the morning working on applying for jobs on careerbuilder.com. I think I did just under 20 or so.

Even though it's day 2 out of work, I feel like I'm in serious trouble - and while it may be inaccurate, at least it keeps me going to find a new job.

I guess I'll post an entry - this could get long